Archie Bray Foundation announces its second annual international call for entries, Beyond the Brickyard. The selected works will be exhibited at the Archie Bray Foundation in Helena. MT, January 30-March 14, 2010. This year’s exhibition will be juried by 2009 Voulkos Fellow Wayne Higby.
- The competition is open internationally to ceramic artists 18 years of age or older.
- Artists may submit up to 3 works for consideration, and up to 2 images of each piece (one complete photo plus one detail or alternate angle).
- All artwork must be available for sale and available during the time of exhibition.
- The artwork exhibited must be the same piece(s) submitted for consideration.
- Submitted artwork must not exceed 36” in any direction.
- The artwork entered should be prepared for professional display and not so fragile as to be potentially dangerous to the work or others when shipped/displayed/handled with reasonable care.
- Artists are responsible for cost of shipping selected work(s) to the Archie Bray Foundation (ABF). Artists are responsible for their own insurance for shipping to ABF and during the time that artwork resides there. ABF will assume cost and shipping insurance for the return of any unsold work.
- For good image quality and a fast upload, your image files should be sized no larger than 1800 x 1800 pixels at 72 dpi (approximately 6" x 6" at 300 dpi)
Submissions to Beyond the Brickyard will only be accepted online. By following the link at the bottom of this page you will be taken to Slideroom.com which will allow you to register and upload your images.
Submissions can be edited and are not officially submitted until you choose the “Submit Portfolio” button.
Submissions must be received online by midnight MST, September 15, 2009.
The cost of entering Beyond the Brickyard is $35 USD for up to 3 works. Once you choose the “Submit Portfolio” button you will be asked for your payment by credit card. All major credit cards are accepted.
From the successful entrants, two awards will be selected:
Juror’s Choice Award: $400
Director’s Choice Award: $400
Artists will receive 55% commission of their work sold during exhibition, while ABF will retain 45%.
By applying all applicants agree to the following schedule if selected to exhibit:
Applications due September 15, 2009
Entrants notified of jury results by email no later than October 31, 2009
Work to be received by Archie Bray Foundation by December 11, 2009
Work exhibited in Beyond the Brickyard, January 30-March 14, 2010
Opening reception January 30, 2010
For resources, call for entries, workshop info and more visit http://ClayArtWebGuide.com your gateway for ceramic and pottery information on the Web
Sponsored by Vicki Hardin Clay Art Pottery.