The First Conference Dedicated to Handbuilding with Clay
Thursday – Saturday, September 17-19, 2009
This conference is guaranteed to renew, inspire, and inform your creative passion for clay! Join us this fall as we host five nationally recognized ceramic artists for a weekend of demonstrations, lectures, conversations and more. Watch the Masters as they create with Slabs, Extrusions, Coils, Pinching, and Surface Decoration. Participate in an open dialog with the presenters. View a show of nationally recognized handbuilders in the Ethel Sergeant Clark Smith Gallery and peruse the latest vendor inventory of books and tools. Enjoy an informative presentation of body mechanics and movement, and relax and socialize during a Thursday night gallery reception and a Friday night “Dance Party”!
Participating Artists: Lisa Naples, Holly Walker, Sandi Pierantozzi, Hayne Bayless, with Special Guest Speaker William Daley.
• Slab Building, Extruding, Coiling, Pinching, Slip Decoration
• An exhibition of handbuilt work from nationally known clay artists
• A wealth of practical techniques, tips & advice
• An open dialogue with the presenters
• Slide presentations, sources of inspiration, pots
• Tools, books, community, social events & new friendships
• A presentation on body mechanics and movement
This is a demonstration only format not a hands on workshop. There will be cameras set up so everyone can see what the demonstrators are doing from wherever they are seated. There is a maximum of 175 participants. Organized by Sandi Pierantozzi to benefit the Craft Emergency Relief Fund (CERF). For more information and to register visit www.sandiandneil.com
For resources, call for entries, workshop info and more visit http://ClayArtWebGuide.com your gateway for ceramic and pottery information on the Web
Sponsored by Vicki Hardin Clay Art Pottery.